Burdick Hall, Room
We apologize, but because of the move to a new location, we will not be renting equipment over the summer. Fall hours for gear rental are currently being determined.
The Outdoor Trip Center (OTC) can provide everything you need for your next backpacking, camping, climbing, hiking, mountain biking or snowboarding adventure. Our experienced, trained staff will help you check out equipment during OTC hours of operation.
Equipment rental is available for all students, faculty and staff with a valid TU OneCard.
All rentals require a $20.00 deposit. The deposit will be reimbursed when all equipment is returned dry, clean and undamaged. Please notify staff of any damages when you return the gear.
Items Available for Rent
- Bear Canisters
- Bear Bags & Bear Bag Ropes
- Books (fiction, non-fiction, instructional)
- Climbing Shoes
- Compression Sacks
- Cooking Utensils
- Crash Pads
- Crazy Creek Chairs
- Disc Golf Sets
- Dromedary Bags
- Duffle Bags
- Fuel Bottles
- Maps & Guidebooks
- Pack Covers
- Pots & Pans
- Sleeping Bags & Pads
- Snowboarding Gear (Helmets, Boots, Bags)
- Stuff Sacks
- Trekking Poles
- U-Dig-It Shovels and Trowels
- Videos/DVDs (features, documentaries, instructional)
- Upon arrival, participants must sign in and show their TU OneCard to the Outdoor Trip Center supervisor.
- All participants must have a current liability waiver and current insurance information on file at the Outdoor Trip Center desk.
- Climbing is only allowed during open hours and there must be an Outdoor Trip Center supervisor on duty for anyone to climb.
- Participants must move crash pads into their landing zone before starting a route.
- The use of a spotter and crash pad is required. Participants are responsible for finding their own spotters.
- Only one participant per crash pad.
- The mat is only for spotting and climbing. Sitting or placing items on the mat is prohibited.
- Remove any large jewelry that may be snagged or damaged by the climbing wall.
- Keep personal items off the landing area.
- Respect other participants and do not boulder under another climber.
- Shirts are required for all climbers. Only appropriate footwear will be permitted on climbing surfaces; climbing shoes are recommended. No climbing in sandals or with bare feet.
- No loose chalk. Please use a chalk ball.
- Inform staff and other participants of any situation that is unsafe or not in accordance with the safety policies. All accidents ore equipment damage must be reported immediately.
- No climbing or spotting is allowed while under the influence of intoxicating substances.
- Only staff members are allowed behind the Outdoor Trip Center desk or in the equipment cage.
- These rules are effective during regular climbing hours; there are some exceptions for classes and special events.
The use of Campus Recreation Services facilities is a privilege. Individuals who choose to engage in unacceptable behavior may have their access revoked or modified indefinitely.